Saturday, January 30, 2010

Happy 21st Birthday Danielle!!!

Hurray!!!

Today is going to be a good day! Though I am completely annoyed and aggravated right now, I'm going to make the best of it because it's my best friend Danielle's 21st birthday!

Now, to the sloppy alcoholics among us, 21 is a pretty big birthday. I think she did her thing in Monroe last night with Monroe people so tonight I have plans to take her to places in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti/Canton areas. I couldn't be more excited about doing this with her. We have been through so much together, births, breakups, fights, high school *shudder* and now we will take on our twenty-first year together.

Danielle and I met when we were in 6th grade. I was blonde, snoody and annoying. She was brunette, quiet, and adorable. I think our extremely hairy science/math teacher Mr. Little, put us as partners for some project. I'm fairly certain she hated me, and I didn't really even pay attention to her, because I was an asshole. Somehow that project brought us together and she brought me down to planet Earth. I'm not sure really what happened in that fateful class and brought me my lifelong friend, but I am so grateful that it did. From her I have learned that the world most certainly does not revolve around me, that you can go months without seeing someone who is truly your friend, and pick up right where you left off. I have also been blessed with my second God Son because of this friendship. She was the only person I could find that would drive four hours one way with me to pick up my brother when my dad was dying even though she had to scramble to find a babysitter. She is the truest friend I could ask for.



Danielle, I want you to know that even though we couldn't be more different you are the only person who truly gets me, you accept my quirks even though you definitely do not understand them. We somehow made it out of high school still as friends, even though we hung out in completely different crowds. You accept the fact that I can sometimes be unreliable, and I might talk to much, or get weird looks from your other friends. It doesn't matter to you, and I appreciate that.

Thank you for being you, and nothing at all like me. It would never work otherwise.

Happy 21st Birthday Dani!
I love you!

Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment