Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Letter #3 - Corey Smith

Dear Corey Smith,

On January 8th I was sitting in my living room with my Corey Smith play list on iTunes thinking about my life and how I got to where I am when "Maybe Next Year" came on immediately followed by "The Good Life." It was in those few moments that I realized I had to do something THIS year, I had to put together a plan and start living the Good Life again. There wasn't any more time to sit around and wallow in the misery I was feeling after losing my dad 3 1/2 months before. It was time to get up and start steering my life in a positive direction and to stop counting the days in a negative manner. So I started a project, to force myself to blog every day for the rest of the year - 358 days.

Well, here I am, 13 days later and I can already feel myself changing back into the person I loved to be. I'm nice to people again, and I go through my days to live, and not just to make it to the next one. Corey, thinking about your life and your music has made me realize that I can do anything in my life if I just put my mind to it. You were a school teacher and now thousands of people know your name and sing your songs. It gives me hope that some day I will be able to reach people as you have. Of course it won't be in the same way because I have no musical ability, but in one way or another I know I can do it. I want to make sure my dad's story is known because people deserve to know that you can overcome anything that life hands you. There should be no such words as "quit" and "give up."

Your music has helped me pick myself up off the floor during the most horrible moments in my life. I turned to your songs when I couldn't form the right words. Now that I have searched my soul and found myself again, the only words I have to say are "thank you."

Faith Wright

P.S - Fuck the "old stuff" fans! The new stuff rocks!

"Life is like a game of tennis; the player who serves well seldom loses."

1 comment:

  1. Corey's music is amazing. I'm in awe of how he creates such beautiful/moving/touching/thought-provoking music. He's truly an artist, in every sense of the word.

    ReplyDelete