Sunday, January 17, 2010

Letter #1 - My Future Children

Dear Future Children,

As I write you, I have no idea who you are or what you will become. I do not know the color of your hair, or the shape of your lips. But I do know that I will love you because you are a part of me. I can only hope that for the past however many years I have shown you unconditional love and support. I hope that I have achieved my life goals and I am helping you in every possible way to achieve yours.

I hope that you work hard and be everything you can possible be, but I also hope that you stop to smell the roses once in a while. I hope that your heart never breaks, even though I know it will. I hope that when it does break, you come out the other side a stronger person. I hope that you only allow positive influences in your life. Do not let anyone walk through your mind with their dirty feet.

There are going to be times when you feel lost, and you don't know what to do. I hope that you trust your instincts, because they are nearly always right. You should think with your head, but you should also follow your heart. Never back down from something that you know is right.

I hope that you love your family, not because you have to but because you want to. Some of them are going to make mistakes, and drive you insane. Learn to forgive, it is the greatest gift you could possibly offer. There is almost always room for a second chance.

I hope that you treat people with kindness, even if they sometimes don't deserve it. Listen when others are speaking, even if you're not interested. Do not place your blame on someone else, even if you are scared. You will never be given more than you can handle.

I hope you go outside, dance in the rain, lay in the grass! The world was made for you to be in so take full advantage of it. Take in it's beauty and travel as much as you can. There will ALWAYS be something new to explore.

You are the future for me, but you are also the future for you. Take it upon yourself to make your life mean something. You can impact the world in any way that you want to.

It is my greatest hope that you do.

Love Always,
A Future Mother

1 comment: