Friday, July 16, 2010

Short Stories

All right,

So like 10 minutes ago I was talking to my African American almost step nephew Chas. We were talking like we generally do Monday through Friday before 5pm and I was telling him about the crazy ass dreams I've been having. I'll spare you the details but he ended up saying "Seriously, you could start cranking out some short stories instead of journals." So I sat there for a minute and thought about it. I opened up a blank page and starting thinking about the dreams I've had that I could write about. I have a million, because I nearly always remember my dreams. But I couldn't do it. I'm so used to writing about real life that I was having troubles. Even thought I had these dreams, and it feels like I lived them, I know that I didn't.

So that's when I decided. I'm going to force myself to write stories, for practice. Of course I don't want to make a career out of story telling, but it could never hurt to be versed it in. This is my ad:

Send me your short story ideas. Any idea at all, crazy, weird, dramatic, horrific. It doesn't matter. Send it to me and if I like it I'll write a story about it. There are seven open slots so you'll have to make it a good idea. I'll be doing this for one week, starting this Sunday July 18th. Be gentle with me though, the chances of me epically failing at story telling is high. But I'm going to give it a go.

Wish me luck and send me your ideas!
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment