Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Earthquakes and Tornadoes

I guess I'm going to blog now since I only have 58 minutes left to do so.

Today has been very emotionally draining on me. I woke up to Autumn's sweet little voice asking me when I was going to wake up. So I got up, came up stairs, watched some shows and stuff with her and chilled for a while. Eventually we got around to folding the piles of laundry that were sitting downstairs and then made some brownies with peanut butter cream cheese frosting. They were awesome.

At about 1:30pm I was sitting in the living room and I got up to let the dog outside when I all of a sudden thought I was having some kind of mental disorder. The ground was literally shaking. The flowers in the vase started moving and everything. So I ran up stairs to ask Autumn if she felt it, only to find her sitting in the corner of her room looking terrified. It wasn't a big jolt but it was enough to be a little bit freaky. Once I checked the news I realized that there was a 5.5 earthquake in Toronto that apparently shook most of Michigan, New York and some parts of New Jersey too. I don't really think there was any damage anywhere but it was a really weird experience.

A few hours later Holly got home from work and her and Autumn went over to Brad's. I hung out for a while and just played around on facebook not really doing anything. Once I started seeing people's status updates about storms I got a little freaked out and checked the weather myself only to find out that we had a tornado watch and warning. So after calling Aunt Kathy and pleading with her to come over here with me, and failing epically, I took Macie and we went to the basement.

I sat down there reading and freaking out for about two hours. The storms were horrible, and they still are but at least the tornado warning is over. We do still have a watch though and of course I will be up having mild panic attacks until that too goes away. I have a hard enough time with regular old thunderstorms, the tornadoes are nearly giving me a heart attack. I just hope it gets over with sooner rather than later.

For now, I'll probably head back to the basement with my pooch and read. I'm exhausted but I know I'm not going to be able to sleep. We'll see how things go.

I hope where ever you are tonight that you are keeping safe and that no harm comes your way.

I'll be back tomorrow (hopefully with a job.)

Love,
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment