Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Buy a Ticket, Take the Ride.

Guys! Girls!

I have so much I want to say right now. In the last hour and a half of my life I have been inspired beyond words. I feel lost, like I running through a maze of thoughts in my head and I can't seem to figure out which way I want to turn. Two things happened to me, both mildly main stream but both equally meaningful and beautiful in the most poetic way. I am 100% sure that I'm not going to properly be able to put these thoughts down but I AM going to give it my best shot.

All right, so event number one took place at about 11:30am. I was folding towels so I turned on the TV and checked to see what was on the DVR. To my delight there was a recording of this new documentary show that's been on MTV called Jersey Shore. No, I'm just kidding, the show was actually The Buried Life. It's about four guys in their twenties, Ben, Duncan, Jonnie, and Dave. They're from Canada and they decided to jump on a bus, and set out around North America trying to check off as many things as they can on their list of "Things to do before I die." For every one thing that they even TRY to accomplish, they find a stranger and help them accomplish something on their list. It seriously is the most beautiful, passionate thing I've ever encountered. Not only are these guys setting out to make sure their lives are worth living, but they're helping make other people's lives worth it too. This is the kind of thing that I was stressing about weeks ago. It's time to start living life, and helping as many people as possible on the way.

Event number two happened at about 12:15pm. I was looking at Twitter, of course reading Nicole Richie's tweets and she mentioned something about listening to a song that Benji Madden recorded. It was an Elliot Smith 'Between the Bars' cover and was absolutely beautiful. The thing that got me though is the blog that Benji wrote along with it. Even though he has serious issues about not capitalizing his letters, it was still a really emotional and heartfelt blog, I loved it. In almost every single line he was gushing about how the fans are his family, and that he knows he can't please everyone all the time, but that it hurts him when he lets people down. I don't know Benji personally, but he has a way of making me feel like I do. I can say with almost complete certainty that he is probably one of the most stand up, genuine guys in the music business. There is a specific passage from that blog that I want to share with you all. It is moving and I know, 100% real:

"As i have made this record i keep imagining you guys putting in your headphones and turning on your ipods to listen to it for the 1st time and i keep asking myself, what are the things i want to say to you, in that moment, when it's just YOU and ME. That is what matters the most to me on this record. You have been with us for 10 years now. Some less,Some more. All of u equally important, and in that moment, I want you to feel the connection i am trying to make with you. It's what has gotten me thru all the challenges in my life, this music and it's what we share. I hope you will feel it. From beginning to end. In the Emotional songs, the party songs, the ballads, the rockers and the Anthems."

I've met people in my lifetime who can express their emotions in a similar way to what we just saw from Benji but I promise you that those people are few and far between. It saddens me that there are not more people like Benji Madden and The Buried Life guys. We were giving emotions, feelings and empathy for a reason. I only wish more people knew how to use them.

The world is a beautiful place, but it's not always good. I've said it once, and I will say it a million more times. WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. We can CHANGE the world. If you're not interested in changing the world than my only advice for you is to look in the mirror, take a long, hard look - and change your life.

Just think about it -

Faith

Here are some links you might want to take note of:

http://goodcharlotte.com/profiles/blogs/a-cluea-cover-and-cardiology
http://theburiedlife.com/blog/

(I still can't seem to get my links to work, if someone could help me out on that I'd greatly appreciate it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment