Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Idol and Ice Skating

I'm late!

I've meant to get to this all day long but every time I tried I got distracted, mainly by the ABUNDANCE of snow we got, again. I swear I've shoveled snow every single day this week. It sucks!

Aside from shoveling and driving kids around I've had a pretty unproductive day. I've watched a few movies, shoveled some more snow, watched the news, and now I'm in the mist of American Idol. I don't know why I get so wrapped up in this crap. I think it's probably because of all handsome guys. There is one in particular that I dig right now but I can see lots of potential for me to hate him later on. He sort of makes me think he could go in the David Cook way, which I would absolutely hate. David Cook irritates me more than probably anyone besides Adam Lambert. Why do people even like Adam Lambert anyway? He's SCREAMS and screeches and it pisses me off!!!!!!!!! There is no reason what so ever for people to pay attention to him. He seriously deserves to be punched in the face.

Okay, so now that I ranted on, and on I'm feeling a little bit better. Did anyone see that girl who arrived to ice skate at the Olympics and upon arrival her mother passed away from a heart attack? I watched her skate today, and I balled my eyes out. She was pretty good and I was completely amazed at how she held it together so much, even managing to smile a few times. I have a lot of respect for her, I know how hard it is to lose a parent and how those first days and weeks are completely crippling. I couldn't imagine having to perform in front of basically the entire world just days after my dad had passed away. I feel for her, I truly do. I know she's Canadian and all but I honestly hope that she wins just so that there will be some kind of satisfaction in her life in the coming days. Besides losing a child I don't think that there is any feeling worse than losing your parent. So, I'm rooting for her. I just wish I remembered her name, and clearly I'm too lazy to look it up.

Oh well, maybe I'll remember by tomorrow. I'm sleepy, time for bed!

Nighty night!
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment