Thursday, May 6, 2010

Terrified

Man,

Today was ridiculous. Angie called off work and Holly was going insane in the office...I kind of just sat there ignoring everyone who came in, waiting for someone to bitch at me. But of course it never happened.

At like 4, Holly and I decided to head home, because Hannah didn't have her key and Autumn was about to get off the bus. So we called Hannah and told her to make sure she was down at the bus stop to get Autumn.

When we turned onto our street Holly got a call from Hannah saying that Autumn's bookbag was on the porch and she was no where to be found.

So we took off around the neighborhood, had everyone out looking and called the police. I have NEVER been more terrified in my life. For 45 minutes, we were completely freaking out. As soon as the police showed up, Autumn called Holly's cell phone and said she was at Hester's house. Hester is the awesome little Asian lady who lives behind us. Apparently Autumn's bus driver was about 10 minutes early, and Autumn came home to the locked doors and no one being here. So she went around back and started talking to Hester who invited her in for some orange juice and pineapple cookies.

As soon as I heard Holly say "Autumn, you're with Hester?" I seriously lost my shit. I don't know what happened but I basically stopped breathing and just balled my eyes out. I have never been so happy in my entire life. I honestly didn't know it was possibly to feel so much fear. For 45 minutes the most horrible thoughts you could imagine ran through my head. I can't even being to think about how PARENTS feel that actually have their kids kidnapped.

It's horrible, and I'm so happy she's okay.

It was pretty stressful, so I think tonight I'm going to just chill with the family, and drink a bloody mary, since this is the last night we'll have with Holly for a WHOLE week. Ahhh!

I'll be back tomorrow!
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment